Wednesday 12 September 2012

Heavenly Bliss

This is going to be a multi-part blog. I will be publishing it in instalments - something like a serialised novel in ananda vikatan. It is essentially conversational in style. Let me be honest. None of what I am describing has happened to me in entirety. Maybe some parts of it may be personal in nature, but I hope that you will not be able to separate what is fact from fiction! Moreover, I didn't want to be burdened with quotes, names, and capitalisation of letters, so fonts are in lower case. I am sure there are enough hints for the reader to guess who is who. There are going to be only two people in this blog.

PART - 1

hello!
hiiii.!
shall we meet today?
where?
same place.
no, not there again. maybe at cumin near nehru park. i heard he makes good pasta. want to try that.
ok.
what time?
5.
ok.
have your parents said ok for such meetings?
yes. in fact my mother is fine with this. we are already engaged no. so ok. before engagement she had said no. we can get to know each other better before marriage, na. maybe you look so 'innocent' that she thinks you cannot harm anyone. haha.
haha.

PART - 2

why are you saying no to ring and chain?
i don't like jewellery, that's why. have you seen me wearing any ring or chain?
no. but why are you against buying a ring or chain for yourself? if my parents want to gift you, say ok, na.
no. it is against my values. let's not discuss this ok. your mom, your uncles have all asked me many times. in fact my mother and father also are pestering me to say ok. but i am against jewels. its a waste of money to invest in this.
it will be useful later.
when?
if we have some difficulty, we can take loan against gold or dispose off the gold and get cash.
do you know anyone who has done so?
no.
then why get into this now? i don't want. leave me, no.
i thought we can have reception after marriage. our marriage is on friday. its a working day. reception means, my colleagues all can come.
so can mine. but that will be double the expense for your father. so only i said no reception. people who want to attend our marriage should come for the marriage only. why reception separately? are we so famous? let's not do what everyone is doing, ok?
shanta was saying that you said no to reception because you don't want to sit on a sofa with bouquet and garland, like a joker. is that correct?
ya. so she says everything that i tell her to you, is it. have to be careful in future. anyway, do you want ice-cream. i feel like having one today.
ya.
let's order one and share it!
aiyo. not in public.
in private means, ok for you? i will remember this for later.




1 comment:

amma said...

ice cream vaangi tandiya illaiya?
venumna naanum tunaikku varen. rendu perukkum ok thane?
hema